A recent article published in TechTrends gives some insight into how technology can be effectively integrated into a classroom setting. The author of the article, Tim Green, relates several teaching suggestions he gathered while observing his graduate students as they worked with K-12 students. His stated goals for writing the article are to “help educational technology professionals gain better understanding of how students and colleagues are applying new technologies and how we may leverage these applications to promote learning”(Green, 2010). The focus of this particular discussion was on Google Documents. Mr. Green gives thorough explanations of how Google docs can be a successful instructional tool that can create active student participation and lead to improved learning. He describes the major features of this web-based tool and gives specific examples of how it can be used in K-12 classrooms. There is also information about a useful video which can be download that shows guidelines on how to better use Google docs in education. I recommend this article as an informative professional resource.
Reference:
Green, T. (2010, March/April). Observations of technology integration and application. TechTrends, vol , 24-26.
Ruth -- thanks for sharing this article. I have a presentation on Google Docs and I think this will be handy. Do check the APA formatting of your reference citation. * Dr. B
ReplyDeleteThanks for the APA note. I have changed the citation!
ReplyDelete